At the heart of our work, you'll find our partner organizations
We work to support exceptional grassroots organizations in Africa, Asia and the Americas - organizations we've reviewed and think are doing incredible work! The GVN Foundation believes in local solutions to local problems. We support local organizations and projects on the ground in all corners of the globe.
We know what we are good at: fundraising, accounting and distribution, advocacy, the tricky legal non-profit stuff, and getting people excited for change.
We know what our partners are good at: field work, budgeting, project reports and evaluation, and getting stuff done on the ground, including the unique challenges of working in parts of Africa, Asia and the Americas.
Together, we make a great team.
Meet Our Partner Projects
For more information about the different countries we support and the projects we are working on, please visit the links below:
The important bit: How we distribute the donations you entrust to us
We believe in local solutions to local problems and work with grassroots partner organizations in each of the countries we support. Our partner organizations are carefully selected and are required to submit proposals and detailed reports for all grants. Grants are typically wired to partners on a quarterly basis.
Here's how it works:
We receive a donation or gift online, via bank wire or cheque (thanks!)
This gift is marked out specifically for the cause, partner or campaign you have supported, with a small portion allocated to bank wiring charges, staff time and non-profit registration (see below)
Each quarter, our partner has the opportunity to submit a proposal for funds we are holding for them
Pending proposal approval, GVN Foundation wires the grant to our partner for distribution
We check in on the project's progress and request a completion report, which we are happy to share with you if you ask
Complete lists of past grants can be found in the appendices of our annual reports.
General donations, Sponsorship donations, Emergency Relief donations and International Fundraiser donations
90% of the funds received by GVN Foundation under these categories are granted directly to our partner organizations. The remaining 10% is used to cover bank wiring charges and staff time. Staff time includes administration such as donation processing and working with our partners to assist them with proposal and report submission.
75% of the funds received by GVN Foundation towards our trek children's fund fees are granted directly to our partner organizations. The remaining 25% is used to cover bank wiring charges, project visit costs for trekkers, and staff time. Staff time includes fundraising support for trekkers such as setting up fundraising webpages, administration such as donation processing, and grants distribution/monitoring.
Eat So They Can donations
70% of the funds received by GVN Foundation for our Eat So They Can campaign are granted directly to our partner organizations. A detailed breakdown can be found on the Eat So They Can website here.